Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my second birthday. My day started off wonderfully. Mommy came up to get me out of bed, and I was already awake and in a good mood. I told her, "Hi Mom!" She brought up my first present of the day, two new sippy cups with Winnie the Pooh characters on them! I told her, "Open?" She filled the green sippy and I was on my way.

We took mini-cupcakes to Kathy's house so I could share with the other daycare kids, and the adults of course. I also got a certificate from Kathy wishing me a happy birthday, a sticker, a birthday gift bag, and I got my choice of a beanie baby from the birthday box. I chose a cute little puppy dog, and when Nana got me home at lunch I showed Mommy how excited I was about my bag. Oh yeah, and the dog too. :)

Nana and I stayed at my house for the afternoon and I was a little cranky. When Daddy got home and Nana left I threw an all out fit. Daddy was just getting ready to take me upstairs when Mommy got home from work, so he made the handoff and Mommy took me up. She rocked and sang my song for a few minutes, and then told me to go night-night. I lay there looking so sweetly at her and told her "Night-night!" Of course I was so tired there was no way I was going to sleep. I spent the next hour talking to my animals about what a nice morning I had at daycare.

Daddy got me up when it was time to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for supper, and that's where the fun began. I wanted to take my doggy and birthday bag, so they said that was ok. When we went into Hy-Vee to pick up supper, they told me I should leave them in the car so we didn't lose them. I was very mad about that and cried and cried. The only thing that made me stop screaming was when they let me ride in the cool fire engine truck. Daddy drove me around the store while Mommy picked up the carry-out. When it was time to leave, I threw another fit when Mommy made me get out of the engine. We went to the grandparents house, and I spent the rest of the night swinging between pure joy and sheer meltdown. I opened a few more presents--a cool little dress-up doll from Nikki, Tigger and Pooh pajamas from Nana, and more of my favorite little animal figurines from Mommy and Daddy. We went home and I sat on Daddy's lap to drink my milk and fell fast asleep. What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment