Sunday, February 22, 2009

Create a Diversion

I have inherited a lot of things from my Daddy. A lot of my looks come from him. A lot of my personality traits come from him too. One of them that gets me in trouble every time is the "sneaky" trait. Today my sneakiness was in full force.

Mommy laid me down for my nap about 1:00. I was quite peaceful when she put me in my PeaPod. No fussing, just finishing my milk and laying very quietly. She figured she must be in the clear. She came down about 10 minutes later to check on me and I was sitting up, quietly playing with my sleeping bag. Since I was being so good, she told Grandmommie that I was being good so she was going to go shopping for a little while if that was alright. Grandmommie gave her the ok, so she went on and left about 1:30. When she got home about an hour later, I was laying fast asleep in Grandmommie's lap, which really confused Mommy. Granddaddy proceeded to tell her about how sneaky I had been.

Shortly after Mommy left, Grandmommie and Uncle John heard something odd. Uncle John said, "Mom, didn't Rob leave?" She told him that yes, Uncle Rob had left. So Uncle John went downstairs to investigate the source of the sound. What he discovered was me, out of my PeaPod and dragging it around Uncle Rob's room where I've been staying with Mommy. I was slinging it around and making a heck of a racket. When I noticed Uncle John, I turned around and said, "WHAT'S THAT?!?!?!" I didn't say it because I didn't know who it was, I said it because I was trying to divert his attention elsewhere so he wouldn't see how naughty I was being.

Uncle John and Grandmommie put me back to bed in my PeaPod, but my crying was more than Uncle John could handle. He told Grandmommie he felt like he was putting me in a cage, so they took me upstairs and we watched some tv and then I fell asleep. So that's how Mommy found me, and that's why I am the naughtiest girl in this house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment