Friday, February 6, 2009

A Good Day.

Today was a good day. Mommy didn't have much work today so her wonderful boss told her that she could leave whenever she was done. Thanks Holly! So Mommy worked through lunch and took off at 2:00. She surprised me by picking me up at the car lot and I gave her a wonderful welcome. When I see my Mommy or Daddy (or anyone that I love) I greet them by running to them and yelling their name the whole way. They love it! Anyway, Mommy picked me up early and tole me she was taking me over to the park because it was such a nice day (54 degrees out!). She put me in my seat and we took off down the block to Weed Park to feed the ducks. It only took about 3 minutes to get there from the car lot, but boy was she in for a surprise. Mommy parked the car and walked back to get me out of the van, only to find me asleep in my car seat! She just laughed. She went ahead and got me out of my seat and I laid my head on her shoulder (her favorite). That didn't last long though. When I heard the familiar "QUACK!" I shot straight up and said, "Is that???" I looked around and saw the huge swarm of ducks out on the pond and yelled "DUCK!!!" I was wide awake then! We went over and spent a few minutes feeding the ducks and watching them walk around on the icy pond (I know, weird right? Icy pond and it's 54 degrees.) and fighting each other for the bread like they had never been fed. It was fun. We went on home and I went straight to bed for a nap. I slept so hard that when I still hadn't woken after 2 1/2 hours, Mommy had to wake me up and I was NOT happy about it. But they made up for it by giving me my sippy cup (Bah-bo!) and letting me watch one quick Tigger and Pooh story, and then they took me to Peking for supper! I LOVE crab rangoon! The next post will show what we did when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment