Mommy took me to the ENT specialist today. First we went back to see the audiologist. She stuck things in my ears that played music, and I did pretty well sitting still for her, at least for awhile. Then we went into the sound booth and she did some more hearing tests in there. I'm not sure how they all worked, but it involved some boxes mounted on the wall that held toys that would light up when she pressed buttons. Right in front of me was a rubber ducky ("DUCK!" I would shout every time it lit up), to my left was Piglet who was holding a big flower, and to my right was my favorite--POOH! He was holding an umbrella, and he would turn and light up when she pressed his button. I kind of ignored half of the test when I realized that Pooh was up there, so I would stare at him waiting for him to light up again. Mommy could see the audiologist laughing through the window.
After the hearing test we went back out to the waiting room for a few minutes where I played with toys and talked to a few other babies about my age. Then we went back to the exam room and waited for the doctor. He came in and looked at my ears and showed Mommy the graph of my hearing test so she could see how badly I failed it. It's not my fault. There is a ton of fluid still in there and it's not allowing the ear drums to move properly, therefore, I'm not hearing like I should, and the doctor said that could not only lead to more infections, but also could impair my hearing and speech development. He recommended that due to my history of chronic ear infections, and the fact that my ear drums aren't working, that we come in asap to get tubes. So next Friday we are heading back to Davenport, and having the tubes placed. We get to go back to the same place where I had my laser treatments done on my knee. The doctor said that they would put me under and that it would only be about a 15 minute procedure, then about 45 minutes later I should be awake and ready to go. Sounds like it should be pretty easy. I wonder if I will remember stuff about getting my tubes put in like Mommy remembers hers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment