Friday, April 10, 2009

The Tubes...

Yeah, so the tubes. The tubes did not happen today.

My poor Daddy. It was his fault, and mostly because I tricked him. Mommy had reminded him last night, "Now remember, she can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight." Well, this morning, Daddy wasn't quite awake I guess, and I of course was crying because I wanted my favorite bottle. Mommy was finishing getting ready, and it suddenly dawned on her that I was suddenly way too quiet. When she came around the corner she found me in Daddy's lap with my favorite bottle in my mouth. She yelled, "JOHN! NOOOOOOO!" The look on his face changed as he realized what she was talking about, and he jerked that bottle out of my mouth so fast! Unfortunately I had still already drunk a few ounces of milk. We went on up to the doctors office, and they asked all the typical questions. When they asked about when I ate last, Mommy answered honestly that I had drank a little bit of milk. The nurse talked the anesthesiologist and he came back and said that it would not be possible to do the tubes then because of the milk in my tummy. He said it would simply be far too dangerous because I could asperate into my lungs and get pneumonia. So Mommy had to call and reschedule the appointment for next Thursday. And this time, she told Daddy she is going to duct tape the refrigerator shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment