One of Mommy and Daddy's favorite movies is The Great Escape with Steve McQueen. It's an oldie but a goodie. Uncle Rob thought that my incident with the PeaPod was somewhat reminiscent of The Great Escape, but today I proved everyone wrong. Granddaddy said it would happen. He said all kids do it at some point. Today was my day.
I escaped from my crib.
Once again, while I was supposed to be napping (are we noticing a trend here, that I don't like to take my naps?), I escaped from the crib. Mommy was downstairs and heard a small thud, and then a few seconds of me crying. She wasn't alarmed though because I am frequently kicking the bars of my crib, or bumping my head on the headboard and then letting out a little cry. A few minutes later she heard me banging around and talking. Again, nothing out of the ordinary since, as I said, I kick the bars of the crib or bang on the wall on a very regular basis. Finally I banged on something really loudly and Mommy came up to investigate and remind me that it was nap time (as if I didn't know). Boy was she in for a surprise when she opened the door and I was standing there to greet her. She said, "How on Earth did you get out of that crib?!?!?!" I said, "Yeah!" Mommy replied, "No, HOW did you get out of the crib?" Again, "Yeah." She put me back in the crib for a moment and asked me to repeat my trick so she could see what I was doing, but I wouldn't do it. I just kept telling her, "Down? Down? Down!!!" Mommy told me to wait a minute because she needed to go get some more diapers because I had a very stinky, messy diaper. When she finished cleaning me up she put me back in my crib, and I returned to crying and banging on things so she had to come up a few more times, afraid that I had escaped again.
I have been such a handful lately, Mommy just couldn't take much more of me tonight. She had pretty much been taking care of me at home on her own for the last week. Daddy had class last Tuesday and Wednesday night, Thursday night we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for supper and she had to finish packing everything for our trip, Friday through Monday we were in Owensboro, then Tuesday and tonight Daddy had class again. After fighting me for a nap this afternoon, me throwing all of my toys, and then tossing my supper across the kitchen, she was just about to pull her hair out. So instead of screaming and her head blowing off, she piled me up in the truck and took me over to Nana's to let me drive her crazy for a little while. Having a few hours of quiet did her a little good and she was much happier to see me when she came to pick me up. Thanks to Nana for saving Mommy's sanity for a day or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amelia,
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely an average ordinary child that wants to be around people. Naps are for whimps. You just gotta do it. The Great Escape by the way is a great movie, I love it also.
Love,
granddaddy Y.