Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yerington Family Christmas Party

Today was the annual Yerington Family Christmas Party and I had a really good time. Here I am listening to Aunt Louise while she does the traditional reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
It's a long story so I lost interest toward the end, but I did alright.
I was soooooo excited when Santa showed up! I immediately yelled, "HI SANTA!!!!" across the room, and as soon as he was able to sit himself down I trotted right up there with no fear and sat next to him to have a chat.
In fact, I liked Santa so much, I didn't even mind him holding My Thomas. Normally when I notice anyone other than Mommy or Daddy is holding My Thomas, I rudely tell them, "Give him back to Mommy!" Not so with Santa. I just went ahead and introduced him to My Thomas.
Before we left, Santa let me help him open his gift from the family. I'm really good at unwrapping presents.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Amelia, I am sooooo glad that you had a great time! What a good girl you were, letting Santa hold your baby, Thomas! You look so pretty in your red dress!
    Love you,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia,
    I sure wish I could have been there to see both you and Thomas on Santa'a lap. Grandmommy and I will probably get to see you in January. It looks like we may have some shut down time in January for the plant and I will look at getting up there during that time. Have a great Christmas and don't forget the milk and cookies for Santa. And as your mommy and Aunt Sissy used to make sure that we had a carrot for Rudolph.

    Love,
    Granddaddy Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amelia Jean,
    I sure do like to see those curls appearing. It must have been adorable to see you run up to greet Santa. I can't wait to hold you and your brother.
    Love,
    Grandmommie

    ReplyDelete