Monday, September 7, 2009

Road Trip

Saturday morning Mommy and Daddy woke me up at 5:00 am and we got in the van to travel to Kentucky. My grandmommie was turning 50 this weekend, so we traveled down to help her celebrate. We made really good time and made it down a little after lunch. After a little time showing off, I was clearly in need of a nap. Grandmommie got me in my stroller and we took a light walk around the neighborhood. When we returned, I was sitting forward with my head nearly in my lap. I slept for the next two hours, which is quite an achievement for me these days.

After I woke up and we ate supper, Mommy, Daddy and I went over to Aunt Courtney's to see her new mansion. I was nearly run over by Roxy and Ellie, her two rambunctious dogs that I LOVE, and upon my arrival, my only question for the first 15 minutes was, "Where Uncle Sayson?" Uncle Jason was on a trip with his family, so I was quite disappointed to find out that I would not be seeing him. We called him a few times on Aunt Courtney's cell phone so I got to at least say hi. I played with all her toys and did my usual job of making a good mess.

We went back to Grandmommie and Granddaddy's after I cleaned up my mess, and watched a movie called Madagascar, which made me laugh several times. I kept wanting to see the monkeys over and over and really enjoyed the "I like to move it, move it" song. I liked the movie so much we actually watched it again on Sunday night.

When the movie was over and it was time for bed, I proceeded to tell everyone that I was ready to go home. I didn't understand when Mommy and Daddy told me that we were spending the night, so I just kept repeating "Bye bye, see you later, I go home." I handed out hugs and kisses, and we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment