There are days where one is just difficult. Today was my day.
I did great at daycare. I fell asleep about 20 minutes before Mommy came to pick me up. I got very cranky when Kathy had to wake me to put my coat on. By the time Mommy arrived I was in a little better mood.
I ate a good lunch and then I got to watch a little bit of Mouse (Mickey that is) while Mommy put my laundry away, and then we went to Wal-Mart. I was a good girl until I saw that Mommy had snuck my Dora yogurt in the cart and I couldn't hold it. I was very upset about it and moaned, "Ro-Ra!" all through the store until something else distracted me. It's hard for Mommy to keep me in line when I have 8 arms and strapped in a shopping cart.
When we got home I was good until it was time for my nap. Mommy laid me down at 3:00 and when Daddy got home at 4:00 I had still not fallen asleep. Mommy came up to check on me and she could smell me half way up the stairs. After changing my poopy diaper I still wouldn't go to sleep even though I desperately needed it, so Mommy finally gave up and got me up.
We went to Nana's for supper since Daddy had class tonight. I ate a very big supper of lasagna and Dora yogurt. I ran around like a crazy person playing with my toys, and screaming like a spider monkey. I danced to Elvis. I made a disaster of Nana's living room.
We went home and I took a nice bath. Mommy got me out and it was time to get ready for bed. As Mommy had me standing on my changing pad, getting ready to lotion me up, I suddenly decided to pee on my nice freshly clean changing pad cover. Mommy just hung her head and sighed. She had just about had enough by then. I didn't mean to be difficult. I just didn't feel like cooperating much today.
Some days I do a really good job of making Mommy feel like a failure in the parenting department. She's home all week from work, so I'm just trying to keep her from getting any ideas about being a stay at home mommy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amelia,
ReplyDeleteSome days are just like that. You just can't sit still or be good. So, try & take it easy on mommy this week OK? She is still kind of green at this since she has always had to work. She tries real hard and she does a really good job but somedays being a mommy is kind of overwhelming. ;-)
Love you,
Nana