Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not Too Good

That's me right now. Not too good. I have an ear infection in both ears (again) just like my daddy. And I have a horrible cough that is so hard and so frequent that it has made me gag and spit up a few times (usually on Mommy). Mommy stayed home with me yesterday from 10:00 am on after I spent a few hours with Daddy. Mommy got me to eat a little lunch and drink as much as she could get me to drink. She got me to take a nap for a little while and then when I woke up crying from more coughing fits we cuddled on the chair and watched Rachael Ray. Cuddling with Mommy always makes me less cranky. At 4:00 I decided I wanted my bath, so since my fever had still refused to leave, Mommy obliged. I played in the tub with my Pooh bath buddies for about 20 minutes, and still had a silly fever. But Mommy and I went downstairs and cuddled some more and played and waited for Nana to bring the ibuprofen and for Daddy to get off work. I was very cranky for the rest of the evening from not feeling well, and while I was playing later in the evening I tripped getting out of a cardboard box and hit my face on the vacuum cleaner. I cried and cried--partly because it hurt, but mostly because I was already unhappy anyway. No harm though, just a few more bruises to add to the ever expanding list. Hope I get to feeling better soon. This cough is rough.

1 comment:

  1. Amelia,
    If we don't tell mommy about your new bruises on your forehead maybe she will think that she just miscounted last night! Those darn boxes! They seem to get you whether you are in them or not.
    I am glad you were feeling less feverish today. Now just start eating better ok?
    Love you,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete